Frequently Asked Questions about our Dog Waste Removal services:
How do I pay?
You will receive a monthly invoice for your dog waste removal service and payment is due the following week. Remember, you are charged a weekly rate and some months have 5 weeks. You can pay online through your bank, phone us at 1-855-839-DOGS (3647) to arrange payment by credit card, or send a cheque made out to Doggie Detail Pet Services to the address below:
Doggie Detail Pet Services
What happens if we go on vacation and do not need dog waste removal service?
We require a minimum of 24 hours notice if service is not needed to make the necessary scheduling change. Regular charges apply if less than 24 hours notice is given.
What happens when it snows?
There will be service (Bucket Service and Yard Service) unless the driving conditions are unsafe. Please note that charges still apply if your service is cancelled due to snow as the poop still accumulates and will need to be removed once the snow melts.
Commonly Asked Questions About Our Bucket Service
Where should I put my bucket?
On your service day, make sure that you have your bucket at the front or side of your house in a place that is visible from the road. Doggie Detail crew members do not go into backyards for Bucket Service customers. Also, please put your bucket in the same place each week.
Will Doggie Detail come at the same time each week?
We recommend that all Bucket Service customers have their buckets out by 6:00 am on their designated service day. Many of our clients find it works best to put their buckets out the night before. Our routes are subject to change and we may be at your home at varying times on your service day.
*Note that Doggie Detail does our best to keep you on the same service day. If we have to change your service day, you will receive advance notice.
What if I forget to put my bucket out?
If you forget to put your bucket out, you will still be charged for the week. Due to our carefully scheduled routes, we are unable to return later in the day (or the next day) to collect your dog waste.
Can I put plastic or biodegradable baggies of dog poop in my bucket?
No. We ask that our customers shake out the dog waste from the bag into the bucket. Baggies, even biodegradable baggies, clog our disposal system.
Do I need to tie off the bag?
No. Our drivers empty the bags into large storage tanks where the dog waste is held until it’s taken to the sewage processing plant. Tying off the bags in not necessary.
Important Information Regarding Our Yard Service
1. On your service day, your Doggie Detail crew member will require easy access to your backyard. If you have a padlock on the gate, please leave it unlocked.
2. Doggie Detail staff members are instructed to always close the gate whenever the enter or exit a yard. If you notice that your gate has been left open after our service, please inform us right away. We take the security of your pets very seriously!
3. If possible, keep your grass trimmed and leaves cleared. This helps us to do our best work in an efficient and timely manner.
4. We’ll be there to pick up your dog poo, rain or shine! When it snows, we’ll be there as long as the roads are safe for our drivers.
5. Please keep aggressive dogs indoors on your designated dog waste removal service day. Our team members will not enter any yards where their safety is threatened and you will still be charged for that week.